Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Repotting a Peace Lily to a 6" pot. Should I use some kind of rock to help with drainage?

As long as the new pot has drainage holes you do not need additional rock. Be sure that if the new pot has a saucer to catch draining water from watering plant that it does not stay in the saucer. They have perlite, white little pebbles to help with the drainage that you mix in the soil, or if unsure, I use a few little broken pieces of styrofoam egg carton or packing peanuts, or the other packing things that look like "s". Just two or three is all the is necessary. You could also use pieces of broken clay pot.

Repotting a Peace Lily to a 6" pot. Should I use some kind of rock to help with drainage?
I found that anytime you repot a plant/flower I like using good dark potting soil, and make sure the bottom of the pot has a hole in it so the water can drain and not rot the plant or dirt. I lay little rocks or mulch in my pots to give it some looks, plus for keeping the moisture in.. Good Luck..



beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive