Saturday, October 24, 2009

When do I plant Lily bulbs on L.I. N. Y.?

I'm in Jersey and plant EVERYTHING in the fall. I seem to have the best luck then. Just read the directions on the container and make sure that you put them at the right depth (they only have so much gumption to breat through the soil and in our case some clay too). Then mulch over the top to give them a little insulation against the cold (something loose not big chunks) and you should be golden come summer.

When do I plant Lily bulbs on L.I. N. Y.?
You can plant them in early Spring when they might bloom before the cold weather settles in. Or plant them in the early Fall for blooming in the coming Spring.
Reply:I would wait until after your frost free average date, and the soil must be workable. You may not get much bloom the first year, but they will multiply and should bloom the second year.



makeup tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive